Saturday, December 27, 2014

My first print

After my EggBot was in one piece, of course I wanted to try it out! First, I only used the one colour, in my case it was black.

I opened a template file that I downloaded earlier in Inkscape and set up the printer, using the Inkscape EggBot extension. Once again I followed the very clear instructions and after setting up the pen-up and pen-down positions in about 3 minutes, I found myself trying to mount the egg for about 10 minutes...

I don't know if you have ever tried to mount an egg before the way that it is as symmetrical as possible, but it seems to be one of the hardest parts of using EggBot.

The website makes it seem very easy, but believe me, I was very frustrated after trying it for 10 minutes:
Pull back the plunger and roughly center the end of the egg on the headstock. Gently return the plunger to the other end of the egg. Spin the egg to see if it is centered, and adjust its position in the two egg cups as necessary.
If you have any good tips how to do it easily, please do not hesitate to share!

Anyway, at the end I managed to mount the egg and the printing could be started:

I later tried to print the snowman with 2 colours and other patterns. I also found one example file with text. Could not resist to print it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment